Westminster Village Special Services
Our senior special services are designed to provide enhanced, personal care on an as-needed and individualized basis.
We provide in-home assistance with everyday tasks that may be difficult or unsafe for a resident to do alone. Professionally coordinated, our At-Home Services foster good health and will help to keep you independent.
At-Home Services are arranged for and provided by Westminster Village’s staff who will work with you to develop a package of reasonably priced services tailored to meet your needs. Because we are on site, we don’t charge for travel time so you get more time with staff for the money. Westminster Village also handles the criminal background checks, references, employee taxes and benefits, as well as insurance and workers compensation.
Services may include:
- Assistance with Morning or Evening Routines
- Assistance with Reading and Correspondence
- Caregiver Support Services
- Companion Care
- Concierge Services
- Gift wrapping
- Help with Airport Check In, Pick Up, Packing, Unpacking
- Holiday and Birthday Event Planning
- Homemaker Services Non-Medical
- House Sitting
- Meal Management Services (menu planning, grocery shopping, meal prep)
- Personal Errands (dry cleaning, prescription pick up, etc.)
- Personal Laundry and Ironing
- Plant care, watering
- Seasonal decorating
- Shopping and Decorating Assistance
- Specialized Transportation
- Support with Routine Pet Care and Pet Appointments
- Supportive Care
- Transportation to Medical and Other Appointments
Contact: Maurice Wilson | (302) 744-3583 | email@example.com
Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are provided to restore maximum level of functioning. We provide specialized skilled nursing care and rehabilitation for older adults needing recuperative care following hospitalization or after a stroke, joint hip replacement or fracture. By using individualized approaches that steadily restore stamina, our therapy team can facilitate shorter lengths of stay.
Contact: Joshua Young | (302) 744-3523 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Care for People with Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Forms of Memory Impairment
Our Chapelwood Neighborhood is a separate, secured memory support unit in Assisted Living where we provide services and therapy to those with Alzheimer’s Disease and other forms of memory impairment. Special programming enables residents, staff and families to create an environment that is supportive, calm and secure.
- Personalized Care Focused on the Individual
- Daily, Specialized Programs and Activities (crafts, cooking, life skills and more)
- Spacious Activity Room for Entertainment, Activities and Crafts
- Regularly Scheduled Community Outings
- Weekly Music Therapy Sessions
- Serenity Garden
- Respite Care Available
Contact: Serenity Fleming | (302) 744-3579 | email@example.com
Long- and Short-Term Skilled Nursing
We are able to provide both short-term care for patients recovering from an injury or illness, or for those patients requiring 24 hour nursing care on a long term basis.
Contact: Admissions | (302) 744-3515
New Senior Living TechnologiesWe are committed to providing the most advanced amenities and services to our residents, including new and emerging technologies developed for the healthcare industry. It is with this commitment in mind that we are among the first in the mid-Atlantic region to use Point of Care and Millennium, two unique technology platforms designed to enhance communication and quality of care. When you have a few minutes, take time to ask one of the nursing staff about how these technologies are further enhancing the quality of care offered through our Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation services.
- Point of Care Resident Information System – a computerized resident information management system which enables real-time information sharing among our licensed nursing staff as well as nursing assistants
- Millennium Pharmacy System – a computerized system designed to deliver significant benefits to the long-term care industry, including increased nursing efficiency and enhanced resident safety.
We provide comfort, emotional, and spiritual support services to persons with terminal illness and their families. We believe that people should not feel they are alone when approaching the end of their lives. Our staff and volunteers provide emotional support and peaceful surroundings while providing end-of-life comfort to residents and their family and friends. Ongoing training in pain management and in ways to help people cope with the emotions surrounding end of life is pivotal to meeting this aspect of our mission.
Contact: Nancy Jones-Davis | (302) 744-3501 | firstname.lastname@example.org